Welcome back, friends!
Once again, it’s Friday and that means it’s time for a new Fresh Friday! If you haven’t joined us before, thank you for taking the time to look. Basically, every week I gather up my top ten favorite (free) patterns that have been recently added to Ravelry. I also (sometimes) include updates on what I have been working on.
This week I worked on this:
I used this Cube Infinity Scarf pattern that I included in this Fresh Friday post. I used Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in Soft Rose. I followed it exactly but added one extra cube section to make it just a bit longer. Oh – and instead of finishing the last section completely, I skipped the last row and slip stitched the two ends together so there isn’t a doubling up of two rows of double crochet. So… I guess I can’t say I followed it exactly since I changed two things. 🙂 Anyway, once you get the hang of it, it takes no time at all! Very nicely written and designed. I’m going to wash it first to soften it up a bit – then I will be wearing it often.
What have you been working on? Did you happen to use any of last week’s finds?
Onto this week’s list! Enjoy!
1. Even though I still haven’t finished the never-ending blanket, I think this bold chevron blanket may be my next one. I will cut it down in size and skip the flowers because I’ll be making it for my son.
2. I know I just finished a scarf… but I like this infinity scarf, too! You can never have too many scarves, am I right? I said, am I right?! Okay… maybe you can.
3. Want to add a yummy snack to your outfit or bag/backpack? Check out this little pizza applique!
4. So… I’ve never even attempted to crochet letters or numbers – let alone punctuation! Over at Moogly Crochet you can find all of these things! Have at it! (Link goes to the punctuation page but the other links can also be found on it as well)
5. Twinkie Chan recently added two cake patterns from the Tissue Box Bakery – Loopy White Cake w/ Strawberries and Yellow Cake w/ Chocolate Frosting. They both look sooo yummy! If you are unfamiliar with the Tissue Box Bakery, check out their About page.
6. Hey… do you remember the Pink Panther? Now you can make your own! I wonder if it’s on Netflix…?
7. A cute turtle pincushion! I need to learn to sew… maybe someday.
8. Sometimes you need to add that little extra something to your suit or sweater. These cuffs would be the perfect accessory and you could make them in any color to match your outfit.
9. I wanted to include this Yoda lovey last week but it was taken down. It’s now back up again in all its splendor!
10. Little piggies! Yay!
Well, that’s all I’ve got for this week. Hopefully I’ve given you some inspiration or some ideas for your next project(s). 🙂
See you next week!