WIP – Monster Blanket Pt. 1

Greetings, dear readers!

As promised, today I am going to share my progress on the pattern I am currently testing. I haven’t been given the opportunity very often to test out a pattern, and I came upon this one quite by accident!

The pattern I am testing is for a monster blanket. We are given the pattern in four parts to prevent others from spoiling it for those who fall behind.

( Note: I’m not spoiling the surprise! We’re all aware of the final outcome. πŸ˜‰ )

I don’t want to go into too many details, so here is my progress so far:

Monster Blanket 2

At the end of the first part.

Monster Blanket 1

The end of the second part.

For this project,Β I used Red Heart Super SaverΒ in “Spring Green,” “Lavender,” and “Turqua.” And also white and black. I wasn’t so sure about the lavender at first, but after a few rows I thought it was a good decision. It’s definitely colorful!

I had to make notes on where the teeth started because, as the pattern is written, the background and teeth are the same color. Most people used white or beige so it worked out in their favor, but I didn’t want my monster to have green teeth!

If you’re interested in seeing the finished blanket, you can head over to the artist’s blog here. If you’d like to check out the testing forum on Ravelry to see the various yarn choices, click here.

image

My little photo bomber.

Advertisements

One thought on “WIP – Monster Blanket Pt. 1

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s